Saturday, 12 July 2014

Jaxon's record player

Hi guys,

You may have seen on Twitter and Facebook that the publication date for The Mime Order has been changed to 27th January 2015. I really didn’t want to rush this book out – you deserve my absolute best work, not something finished off hastily to meet a deadline – and it was getting close to the time when I’d have to finish for good if it was going to be published in October, so Bloomsbury have given me a little bit more time to get it into shape. I’m really sorry for the extra months of waiting, but I’ll be much happier knowing that it's the best it can be. To help with the wait, Bloomsbury have put up the first four chapters of the uncorrected proof, which you can read here for one week only. 

As today would have been the 100-day milestone to publication, here's the soundtrack to The Mime Order.  Hope you enjoy it!

Samantha 



In the book

Guilty Billie Holiday
The Java Jive – The Ink Spots
Boulevard du Crime Édith Piaf
The Boy I Love is Up in the Gallery – George Ware
Ciuleandra Maria Tănase
Élégie (Opus 126, no. 7) Cécile Chaminade
A Bird in a Gilded Cage Harry Anthony

Others

160bpm Hans Zimmer
All About Us t.A.T.u.
Already Over Red
Aura Thomas Bergersen
Bleed (I Must Be Dreaming) Evanescence
Cassandra Two Steps from Hell
The Citrine Cross – Hans Zimmer
Dancing Elisa
Day of Atonement – City of the Fallen
Fake Empire – The National
Freedom Fighters – Two Steps from Hell
The Gravel Road James Newton Howard
Hail of Arrows Raised by Swans
Henry Eats the Swan Trevor Morris
How It Was Done David Arnold and Michael Price
Imperatix Mundi Jo Blankenburg
January Hymn The Decemberists
Lifelines – A-ha
Lockdown Steve Jablonsky
Monster Imagine Dragons
My Tears are Becoming a Sea M83
No More Losing the War (Paige's Theme) – Half Moon Run
O  Coldplay
The Only One Evanescence
Rag Doll – Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons
Spiritual Awakening Future World Music
Starlight (Could You Be Mine) Don Diablo & Matt Nash 
The Borgias Main Titles (The Ranthen's Theme)  Trevor Morris
Unnatural Selection Muse
You Are No Son of Mine Ramin Djawadi

8 comments:

  1. Already Over by Red is a GREATTTT song! I'm glad that you like it! You're the greatest author ever! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful song. So powerful. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. I love books that have playlists! I have to say that I don't know many of the songs here though, maybe I'll have to have a listen. :)
    Super excited for the book to come out, but I think it is good that you will have the time to make it the best book that it can be.
    the Earth through a Lens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that it doesn't matter, Samantha. If we have to wait a little time longer to see your book in bookshops, it is because you want to do a better job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This playlist is awesome, I think I have to reread the Bone Season while listening to all these songs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just let out an exaggerated and drawn-out "Nooooooooo!!!" At this information. I am beyond impressed with the first book and I can't wait for the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Tears are Becoming a Sea by M83 is a great song :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Evanescence! I love it! Part of my rebellious youth :)

    ReplyDelete